Sunday, November 20, 2011

The Doors


-
Of life and love and lust they spoke,
In mystic music 'n' poetic streams,
Fear and hurt found their niche,
Framing magic melodic dreams
-
The question still stands open then
What to make of fate's crazy mores?
No answer for that one yet,
No one knows for sure
Me? I am just happy...
I got to see The Doors!
-
(Wednesday, 2nd November 2011, Lupos Heartbreak Hotel, Providence RI:

It'd be a joke to say that I had always wanted to experience this. I loved the music of The Doors but heck, Jim Morrison was already dead by 1971, 13 years before I was even born. The 1960s and 1970s may have been a great time to be around but I personally am extremely happy to have been born in the 1980s, to have appreciated the world before the advent of Internet & Facebook and also be young enough to appreciate the world after. One hell of a lucky generation we are to have been born on the cusp of such a revolutionary technological leap. So this was out of the blue, an accidentally heard old-school radio advert of the surviving Doors men getting together to work their spell in a small but completely packed B-status performance arena, notably below par as compared to their glory days, and only 20 miles from where I was. It was, to use that nauseatingly overused but in this case perfectly applicable word, 'surreal'! This was a dream that I hadn't even dreamed of!)
-

No comments: