Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Porsche Unleashed

Ever since I played the Need for Speed PC game titled as above, I have been absolutely smitten by the legend that is Porsche. An incorrigible enthusiast for any machine that moves I already am and if you add to that the hype and worship filled words I have read about this car make in particular and you have landed yourself a certified fanatic. Consider this: Its the only sports car company in the world which is able to sustain an independent existence when all other heavyweights including Ferrari are bankrolled by big car conglomerates. While that might not mean much to a person with minimal interest in cars, it is the equivalent of Da Vinci painting only Mona Lisas and doing it regularly and efficiently enough to form a study case for successful business strategy.
Porsches with their distinctive slouching shape, impeccable quality and wild yet challenging nature (thats what the motor jounos always say) inhabit the highest regions of my universe of desires. And to get to whip a Porsche through the steely smooth Autobahn and then test its fabled handling in the twists and turns of the roads through the beautiful Black Forest region would be an experience worth selling my soul for. Stuttgart, Germany is the birthplace of the Porsche legend and stepping afoot that promised land is high on my list of priorities!

1 comment:

Srinath said...

A mouth-watering description Roy , I could almost taste the Porsche !!

I have to admit that I have never seen a porsche in real life , but your blog makes me want to take one for a spin right now.

I see a Bentley go past my office everyday though , its not too bad either.